Mental Health America and the Suicide Awareness & Education program provides suicide prevention services and education to Tarrant County schools in an effort to eliminate the stigma towards openly addressing mental illness and young adult suicide.
- Information about the warning and risk factors of suicide and depression.
- Linking to resources for families and individuals struggling with mental illness.
- Referrals for students and adults in crisis.
- Educational presentations on suicide awareness and QPR Gate Keeper Training.
– Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15-29 year olds.
– There is HOPE; and early detection and treatment is the key.
If you or someone you know are having thoughts of suicide, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or the MHMR Crisis Line at 817-335-3022 or toll-free 1-800-866-2465.
If you want more information about our Suicide Awareness and Education Program, please call