Consumer Benefits

If you need help with your benefits, you can visit

If you need assistance applying for benefits or have questions, please visit or contact us at:
Mental Health America of Greater Tarrant County
3136 W 4th Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76107

Our benefit specialist is available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30am – 5pm at MHATC.

State benefit programs help people with little or no money who are in need of:
Health care: Medicaid and CHIP
SNAP food benefits

TANF cash help

Calling 2-1-1 is a free, easy way to find out about services you can get. You can learn more about services like:

  • Food pantries
  • Housing
  • Senior services
  • Child care
  • After-school programs
  • Disaster help
  • Tax help
  • Help paying for drugs ordered by your doctor
  • Help paying your rent or utilities

You may also visit the 2-1-1 website at

If you have a complaint about your benefits case, call 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. If you still need help, contact us by either:
Going to the Office of the Ombudsman’s website.
Calling 1-877-787-8999 (toll-free).

Notice of Privacy Practices
Reporting waste, fraud, and abuse of benefits. If you think anyone is misusing state benefits, call 1-800-436-6184 (toll-free).

Follow us: