Tarrant County support groups are available for people from all walks of life looking for other people with similar experiences. Within these support groups, everyone helps to support each other through social networking, sympathetic understanding, and acceptance. Remember . ..
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
- Abriendo Puertas: A depression education series for Spanish-speaking women.
- Every Wednesday from 10:30am-12:00pm
- NICA – 1600 Circle Park Blvd., Fort Worth, TX 76106
- Contact: 817-626-1102 for more information
- Bipolar/Depression DBSA: Peer-run support group providing a comfortable and confidential setting for people with mood disorders.
- 1st and 3rd Fridays beginning at 7:30pm (7:00pm for newcomers)
- Baylor All Saints (Faxel Room) – 1400 8th Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Contact: 817-654-7100 (24-hour information line)
- Depression Connection for Recovery: Helps answer questions and provide information for those with mental health issues.
- Varying schedule
- Contact: Tony Campbell 817-810-9599
- NAMI-Tarrant County: Group meetings providing support and advocacy to family and consumers experiencing severe mental illnesses.
- 3rd Thursday of every month beginning at 6:00pm
- University Christian Church – 2720 S. University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Contact: Jennifer Nunley 817-332-6677 or e-mail at Jennifer@namitc.org.
- Survivors of Suicide, Inc: Open group providing support and information for people who lost a loved one to suicide.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month from 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Mental Health America of Greater Tarrant County – 3136 W. 4th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76107
- Intake Contact: MHA at 817-335-5405
- General Contact: Sharon Walker, LCSW at 817-277-0660
- Trauma Grief Group: Provides assistance to those who are grieving the loss of a loved one
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- 1000 Bonnie Brae Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76111
- Contact: 817-378-7158
- Suicide Loss Christian Care: 225 Keller Parkway, Keller, TX 76248
Contact: Bob and Sally Anderlitch
- Open Group
- 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month 6:30pm
- Peer Facilitator
- No Charge
- Bereaved by Suicide
There are many other support groups available in our community.