We are now accepting applications for the summer semester. The deadline is March 15.
Tarrant County students pursuing careers in the field of mental health and wellness are awarded scholarships annually; one scholarship* is awarded each semester. The following supporters have contributed to the establishment of
Tarrant County students pursuing careers in the field of mental health and wellness are awarded scholarships annually; one scholarship* is awarded each semester. The following supporters have contributed to the establishment of this program that MHATC strives to carry forward with pride and intention:
- The Lezlie Culver Memorial Scholarship
- The Patricia Pownder Connolly Memorial Scholarship
- The Lillian Cooper Droke Memorial Scholarship
- The Linda Lyons Memorial Scholarship
Applications are administered and awarded each year by the Mental Health America of Greater Tarrant County Board and Scholarship Committee.
- Application Deadline (Fall) – June 15
- Application Deadline (Spring) – November 15
- Application Deadline (Summer) – March 1
- Award Notification (Fall) – July 15
- Award Notification (Spring) – December 15
- Award Notification (Summer) – March 15
Scholarship Application Criteria
1. Must be a U.S. Citizen and a resident of Tarrant County
2. Must be in good standing with the college/university
3. Must be enrolled in coursework and/or have a declared degree plan for the following disciplines: any kind of psychology, social work, psychiatry/mental/behavioral health, social and behavioral sciences, behavioral / cognitive neuroscience, mental health or rehabilitative counseling or nursing, cognitive development, etc.
4. Prefer a GPA of 3.0, but candidates with strong applications will also be considered.
1. Write a 200-400-word essay on any personal, professional, academic, or volunteer experiences you have had experienced with any mental/behavioral health issues (including addiction) and how this has shaped your life and/or career choices.
2. Write a 100-200-word statement about your goals and aspirations to apply the knowledge you have learn through this scholarship opportunity.
Application Format Requirements
Email should include:
1. Date, Name, Contact Information, City of Residence, Coursework Enrolled 2. Coursework Enrolled Applicable to this Scholarship, Declared Degree
3. Body should include: Essay, Statement and current GPA
4. Please submit applications to Board.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
1. Tarrant County resident
2. Essay is well-written without grammatical errors, shows rational decision-making skills, shows empathy and compassion, lessons learned are realistic and the applied knowledge is reasonable.
3. The coursework and/or degree plan meets the required criteria.
4. Prefer a GPA of 3.0, but candidates with strong application will also be considered.
*Fall & Spring scholarship recipients may receive awards up to $5,000.
Summer scholarship recipients may receive up to $2,000.